Sunday, September 13, 2009

My little munchkin, well.. sort of...


This is Ella - my precious little fantasy daughter. I bet you are wondering why on earth I would call her that, but the truth is that she is not mine. (Insert sad face) Her mom Kristen, who is the sweetest, (incase you were wondering) hired me almost a year and a half ago to watch Ella while she and her son went to Mommy & Me classes. After that I have continued to watch them on an almost weekly basis..

Since I started watching her when she was about three months old, you can imagine how attached I have grown to both her and her big brother, but more than that it has been amazing to watch her in her first year of life!



I felt like a little mommy changing her diapers, helping her to eat solids, and holding onto her little hands as she learned to sit up, crawl, and even walk! I have always wanted to have a baby so it has been such good training and also such a good learning experience. I definitely know now how much work it is and I have so much admiration for moms!!


It's mind blowing how many changes babies go through in the first year and until now I had only seen them from a distance with my friend's and family's kids. When she was little she would sleep on me all the time and I loved have a little body to cuddle up with on the couch!


Then as she started to grow I realized how much fun it was that I got to be part of such a special time in her life. Literally, in a matter of months she changed so much! Another funny thing that happened was that her hair changed from brown to blonde! Total southern california girl! It's so much fun now watching her interact with her brother and start to talk and mimic everything I say!


I guess I am just having a sentimental day but I can't believe how big she is already and how fast the time has gone by! I am always telling Kristen how I still see her as the little baby I would rock to sleep and how I wish she would stay small forever! But the older she gets, the more funny and crazy she gets so I think its only going to keep getting better!

<3 k



1 comment:

Megan said...

haha this is so cute and you are so mushy and lovey. i like that.