Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's that time again...






Of course, my favorite show in the world is back! Which, funny enough, is Zak's least favorite show, (but this is MY blog so his vote doesnt count!) I get so much joy watching people turn their lives around and win back a part of themselves that they thought they would never get back. As pretty much everyone knows, I have struggled with my weight since I can remember. In highschool I was up and down and after Zak and I started dating it was all down hill! We ate out all the time, which usually ended up being at like nine when I would get off work, and would always want to just hang out and cuddle and watch tv. Well, this is a horrible recipe for getting a case of the chubs and before I knew it, I was there. I guess you could say it kind of snuck up on me, I knew I was gaining weight but i didnt pay too much attention to it because I was happy and in love! But when I saw this picture- wow- I was in shock..


After we got home I decided I was going to make a change and take responsibility for my health and for my body.The last three years have been hard!! And slow! I have had a few set backs, mainly my two herniated discs last summer which really put a damper on working out and losing weight! But slowly and surely the weight has been coming off..

This is me in 2006

This is me now. Please excuse my lack of makeup! I was trying to find the most recent pictures of me but my camera has been broken so this will have to do for now! I am now less than a month away from my half-marathon and I am getting so excited!! I have lost over 35 lbs in the last three years and have about 10 more until I hit my ultimate goal!!! This is the last leg of this part of my journey, and after that I will move into the maintanance phase, which is an exciting and scary transition. I have learned so much over the last couple of years about how to eat healthier and I actually love working out now because I feel so great when I do!

I have to give a million thanks to Zak for always being so sweet and uplifting and swearing that he never even noticed when I gained the weight (this is why I love him so much!)
Corinne for being my gym buddy this last year since we have been living together and waking my ass up to go, even when I was pissed and didnt want to get out of bed!
My mom for helping me get the ball rolling, and walking with me all the time when I first started!
And everyone of my friends and family who have been so supportive of my journey and who are so sweet to tell me how great I look when they see me! Also to my friends who have run/walked/danced and sweat beside me, THANK YOU!!!!
I dont know how I would have done it without all the encouragment and love and support!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you!!! ...and now it's your turn to motivate me since I'm miss chubbutha right now...today is day 3 of being back at the gym!!! wooohooo <3

emlawrence said...

I'm so proud of you too k-10! you look fab with your rockin hot sweet hard ass! Kepp up the good work cause you look fabulous--like always! <3

Megan said...

you are cute!
this made me tear up and i am at work right now - unacceptable to be crying alone at my desk in the corner.
but congrats krusty!! i love you and you do look great! you have always looked beautiful tho, but now you are healthier and happier! xo.

Kristen said...

Thanks guys. I have the best best friends <3