Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year's Resolutions...




This picture has nothing to do with what I am about to blog, I just thought it was kick ass and wanted to share it with you guys. Also, I feel like blog entries are so boring and depressing if they don't have a photo pal to share the post with. On that note - as the title already reveals, this post is about new year's resolutions.

Normally I am not big into making resolutions for new years because I feel like I am making them all year long so new years is not any particularly special time to make new ones, but this year seems a little different for a few reasons.

1. The first reason is that I am graduating at the end of this year!!! Ahhh, these past three years have flow by since the day I decided to go back to school and I am still in denial that it is going to come to an end faster that I am ready for. My school new year's resolution is to stay focused and energetic through this last year of studying and stress and finish strong with really good grades.

2. As most of you know, my weight loss journey has been going on for the last couple of years and now I am pretty much nearing the finish line, which can be tricky. I feel pretty good at the weight I am at, but I am SO close to reaching my goal weight! It's easy to cheat more when all of your clothes are fitting really well and you feel like you will always look like this, but I know I have a little bit more hard work ahead of me. So my fitness new year's resolution is to lose the last 8 lbs and reach my goal weight! Another fitness resolution I am setting for myself is to complete another half marathon. Unfortunately Zak and I don't have proper finances to fly to Austin in february for me to run in the Austin Marathon, so I will have to find one a little closer to home. But either way, I am determined to run another one. I have been thinking about this a lot and I think that I want to try to run atleast one every year as a way of staying committed to my health and just as a goal to always have in the back of my mind.

3. This june 19th will be Zak & I's 5 year anniversary. When I look back on our relationship I noticed that I used to do/make a lot more cool stuff for him and put more time into showing him what he means to me than I do now, so I thought it would be a cool love new year's resolution to make a commitment to doing something really special for our anniversary this year. I have no idea what it will be yet, but hopefully I come up with something really cool. part of this resolution will be to save money for said project so that I will be able to pull it off when the time comes.

4. My money new year's resolution is obvious and simple: SAVE MORE. I dont make a ton of money and I always have bills to pay, but I know that even if I save $5 bucks a week, thats still $ 240 more at the end of the year that I would have saved. I need to just start practicing the habit of saving so I can get better at it, and worry more about that then how much I am actually saving.

5. My friendship/family new year's resolution is to spend more time telling/showing the important people in my life how much I care about them and what they mean to me. Life gets busy and hectic and sometimes we forget the little things that mean so much. Even if it's just a quick phone call or a post-it note stuck to their car window, I want to make the effort!

Ok, that's enough for now. I'm sure I could come up with more but I think this is a good list so far. What resolutions are all of you making?! Any similar ones to mine?

xo- K

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I am trying to kick my butt back into shape so maybe one of these days I will run a half marathon with you!! WAY TO GO!