Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Louis!

The trip was great!! I feel like it went by really fast, and even with this horrible cold I had the whole time, I enjoyed every minute of it! It was a good mix of business and pleasure!

I got to see Busch Stadium, The Arch, downtown St. Louis, and even found a cool independent book store a couple blocks from our hotel (which, of course, I ended up buying 5 books at - one that I found in the used books section from the 1920's that is a Children's book of Shakespeare "Stories" - AWESOME!)

My presentations went really well, I presented a poem and a short-story. I got some really good feed back on both, one guy gave me some awesome comments on my short-story, which was greatly appreciated coming from a complete stranger!

Ten of us flew out there from Chapman and we ended up all hanging out together the majority of the time which was really cool. Seven of the others were grad students, so I am sad to know I wont be seeing them in class now that we are back, but I have a good feeling I will still be seeing them around in the future.


Overall, It was a really fun trip!



xo - K

No comments: