Tuesday, October 13, 2009

RACE DAY!



So the day finally came! Here I am waiting for my group number to be called! I was so nervous and felt like I had to pee but the bathrooms were backed up for a mile and I didnt really have time so I just went over and got in my group.


They were asking who of us were first time racers. Look how many there were! What was awesome is that I started in the 2:30-2:50 group and I ended up finishing my race at 2:27 so I could have gone up a group but was too scared to! It was a little hard in the beginning because you haven't quite spread out yet so there are tons of people ahead of you who are walking right in your way and you have to kind of go in and out of them to get around them! But it was so much fun!


Zak found me at mile 13 (I thought it was 12 but he told me otherwise!) When I finally saw that finish line I just took off sprinting - I was so excited to be done!!


Afterwards Z found me as I was passing the food tables and eating everything I could get my hands on! I am still in shock that I finished and that I am a runner now! As much as my knees hurt and my legs hurt and my poor stomach hurt, I would do it again in a heart beat! It feels like such a big accomplishment in my life that I never really thought I would be able to achieve! But I did it!!!



So my next plan is to start training for the Austin, TX half-marathon in Feb and I am hoping to improve my time considerably by then! This time Jimmy is going to be running it with me so that will be fun too! What a great three months training, and a great, great race day! All the hard work was totally worth it!

love, K

3 comments:

Sarah said...

mama so proud :)

ashley said...

congratulations!!! way to move it! 13 miles is killer, and i am so proud of you! when you really want to almost kill yourself, run in san francisco! the hills are almost unbearable but you will love the after feeling!

Megan said...

Yeeeee!