Thursday, March 13, 2008

cause I love this kid <3


"Mon Amour Dort"


He just lays there.
I’m rushing around in my bra,
water from my long tangled hair dripping
in small streams down my back.
With all my hustle and bustle he is still
peaceful, and quiet.

I stop half way through
putting on my shirt and just smile.
His back is turned to me;
my favorite blue checkered blanket
covering all of him but one jutted shoulder,
and the soft skin of the back of his neck.

My eyes lead me up
that sweet smelling neck
to the corners of his ashy blonde hairline,
I just cut short last week.

Messy and disheveled, it encompasses
his brain, that when awake is witty and inventive
but now in this moment, with small rays
of light illuminating one side of his unshaven cheek,

he’s just lying there,
lungs filling with air rhythmically
and exiting in the same soft cadence.

No comments: